Contact Us Now! Tel :- 1-800- 187-168 Mobile :- 0408 242 052
Seven Hills Plumber Blocked Drain Clogged Drains Seven hill Blocked Drain Plumber Seven Hills Plumber Specialises in Blocked Drains
Blocked kitchen sinks in properties built before the eighties generally go out to an outside drain the problem is normally rust in the outlet pipe and fats or roots in the outside drain or gulley. This is usually quite a simple task to clean and can be cleared with an electric drain cleaning machine. Properties built after the eighties generally have the kitchen sink a long way from the main drains. The kitchen sink drain usually is a smaller pipe than the main drain and runs a long distance underneath the concrete slab of the house and connects directly into the main drain. The blockage is normally just fat build up over time plus the design factor which is prone to blockages .The only way to clear this type of blockage with out any dismantling or lifting pavers is from the kitchen sink itself. Specialised drain cleaning machines or high pressure water jetters need to be utilised
Seven Hills Plumber Blocked Drain Clogged Drains Seven hill
A single blocked toilet can be due to excessive amounts of paper, wipes or a toilet freshener that's gets stuck in the s bend .
This can be normally removed with a plumber’s plunger or special tool called a sani snake. If the toilet still cannot be unblocked then it’s probably roots that have grown into the outlet drain . The cause of root blockages is normally cracks in the drain, previous maintenance or bad installation.
A cleaning access is generally located under ground and the toilets outlet drain is scoured clear of roots with a drain
machine from the access, the drain is inspected with a drain camera and a root control system option can be applied.
Once a root blockage has been cleared and inspected with a camera there are generally three options:
1. Wait till the blockage recurs, this could happen at anytime, normally during high usage such as weekends or after hours and endure the inconvenience, mess and expenses once again.
2. Excavate the problem area and replace the faulty section of drain. Generally a costly and disruptive exercise, that sometimes can put stress on the old existing pipes causing the exact same issue in another area a few years later.
3. This is the most economical and effective option Utilizing a special machine, the problem area plus drain are pumped with a herbicidal root control foam within an hour of cleaning or six to eight weeks later when the roots start to grow again. The foam starts destroying the roots immediately. The roots in the pipe, in the pipe wall and the roots just outside the pipe die, rot and drop off. This allows ground pressure to assist closing the cracks and gaps in the pipe caused by root growth.
Non-systemic herbicide used, meaning it will only effect root material it comes into contact with and only travel a short distance up the root.
HARMLESS TO TREES AND PLANTS ABOVE.
Controlled annual applications guarantees no further root blockages on drains treated.
Clients details, drain layouts and records of applications are stored in company data base.
Basins, baths, showers and laundry troughs drains in newer properties are generally easy to clear with small electric
Drain machines, unless builders cement is causing the blockage, this can be more time consuming but has a high success rate.
In older properties where galvanised pipe is used for these drains, generally its a combination of hair, rust and roots which
grow up the pipe from the outside drain or gulley.
Rust build up in these pipes is the most common especially basins which are usually a smaller diameter than the other fixtures. Rusted drain pipes can be scoured out with our machines and brought back to normal functionality.
If more than one fixture is blocked or running slow then it means that the entire main drain is blocked. These drains can be cleared by using drain machines or high pressure water jetters. Where possible we can clear the drain from the house to the ministers drain. Its generally root intrusions causing the problem, normally near the boundary of the property. We inspect the drain with a drain camera so we can identify and locate the faulty areas.
Blocked Drains Seven Hills Plumber Drain machines mechanically feed rotating cables with a cutting head at the end, down the drain line.
The cutting head cuts or scours whatever is in its path till the entire drain is clean. Various cutting heads are used depending on the type of blockage in the drain. Different machines are used according to the size and length of the drain being cleaned.
Machines are compact and can be used indoors in almost any situation. Ideal for scouring old galvanized and cast iron drains of rust or any other hard deposits. Excellent for cutting roots, even removing concrete or cement without causing any spillage or mess.
Seven Hills Plumber Blocked Drain Clogged Drains Seven hill Drain Cameras
A special hard cable with an illuminated camera attached to the end is pushed down the drain and is monitored on a colour screen. A locating device in the camera emits a signal with the aid of a receiver can give the exact location and depth of the camera at any time. This is invaluable as any root intrusions, breaks, sags in the drain, damaged or dislodged fittings can be pin-pointed and if necessary repaired with the least amount of excavation. Different cameras utilized according to length and size of drain.
In some situations can be used before cleaning drain or to clear soft blockages, thus showing exact cause of blockage. Inspection of a problem area or entire drain can be recorded in any format with narration if required.
These are generally self-contained soak wells or storm water channels and pipes, which run into soak wells.
These drains normally accumulate, debris, leaves, sand or during the dry months, roots when they are searching for water.
These can generally be cleared out with drain machines or high water pressure jetters.
A long flexible hose with a special drain cleaning nozzle attached to the end, is fed down the drain. The nozzle emits very high pressure water jets, that blast away anything in front of it plus propels the hose down the drain. Nozzles and hoses vary in design according to the size of the drain and the type of obstruction to be removed. Effective on long distances, good for areas of limited access and can be used indoors without causing any disruption or mess. Water jetters perform a much more thorough job on roots than drain machines and are excellent for removal of fats and grease as the water is heated due to friction. Pressure cleaning of spillage areas cuts down on time of clean up.
- Many years experience Work carried out by highly experienced plumbers with a vested interest in the company
- Extensive knowledge of layouts for domestic, commerical and industrial drains
- Fully equipped vehicles to handle any drain blockage, carrying three different size cameras , high pressure water jetter, plus various drain machines
- Latest drain cleaning technology and equipment always used
- Proven track record in drain cleaning
- All emergencies responded to with our utmost priority
- A courtesy call to client before arrival
- Job site is always left clean and tidy
- Service to the entire Seven Hills Plumber and surrounding areas
- Mobile EFTPOS in all vehicles for easy payment
- Fully licenced and insured
Whether you have an existing residence, are building a new home or business, you will certainly need plumbing installed into your building. We can do a thorough inspection of your walls to see where piping needs to be installed and provide you with a free estimate.
At Seven Hills Plumber, our new construction plumbing experts have the equipment and technology to provide you with the best plumbing.
Give us a call today for top-rated plumbing services.